WHAT IS ASEPTOLÂ®?
- An effective antiseptic and disinfectant
- Contains chlorhexidine and cetrimide
- A detergent
- ASEPTOL is effective in cleaning and disinfecting all buildings including stables, wool sheds, veterinary practices
- In diary, ASEPTOL has a wide range of applications including use as a disinfectant for cleaning minor wounds or for obstetrical procedures. It can also be used to clean and disinfect equipment such as calf chains, feeding buckets and calf feeders as well as to clean the milking shed floors.
- On animals with wound treatment when diluted (25 mL in 1 L of clean water), ASEPTOL is a safe and effective antiseptic and wound cleanser. It can be used in fresh or old wounds at this dilution until healing is complete.
WHY CHOOSE ASEPTOL?
Chlorhexidine is highly effective against many fungi, viruses, and most bacteria. It is non-irritating, rarely sensitising, not inactivated by organic matter such as blood, dirt and manure, and has persistent action against most problematic organisms. Chlorhexidine has a sustained residual effect due to binding with skin proteins. Chlorhexidine causes disruption of microbial cell membranes and precipitation of cell contents. Resistance is unlikely to develop because of this non-specific mode of action.
Cetrimide is an antiseptic agent with detergent properties that help cleaning. It has a wide spectrum of activity against bacteria and fungi. Cetrimide acts to prevent growth of bacteria and other micro-organisms in wounds, assisting in control of infection.
An effective antiseptic and disinfectant
The combination of both chlorhexidine and cetrimide makes ASEPTOL an effective germicide that can be used to assist in preventing infection in livestock. ASEPTOL can be used around the farm or in the shearing shed to disinfect equipment used for procedures such as marking or dehorning, and to clean cuts and wounds.
A detergent that aids in cleaning
ASEPTOL is an effective detergent that will help in cleaning the toughest of grime from a range of items including farm buildings, shearing sheds and floor surfaces.
Nil withhold for meat, milk or eggs; Nil ESI
A nil withholding period for meat, milk and eggs and nil ESI provides flexibility to use ASEPTOL whenever needed.
Convenient pack sizes
ASEPTOL comes in three convenient pack sizes: a 1L container to be kept in a convenient location around the home or sheds, a 5L pack for medium users and a 20L drum for larger use situations.
- Chlorhexidine 7.5g/L
- Cetrimide 7.5g/L
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.